Frequently Asked Questions
About InfoQ Live
What is the InfoQ Live code of conduct?
We designed InfoQ Live as a place where everyone feels safe to express themselves, learn, and succeed in adopting new technology and practices. We enforce this through the QCon Plus Code of Conduct to provide a safe and inclusive learning space for our thousands of inspiring attendees.
By joining InfoQ Live, you agree to our Code of Conduct. All QCon participants, speakers, sponsors, and staff are required to abide by our code of conduct.
Who is behind InfoQ Live?
InfoQ Live is presented by InfoQ. We’ve been helping software development teams adopt new technologies and practices for over 17 years. The driving force behind every QCon conference is our passion to accelerate the software side of human progress.
Senior software developers rely on QCon and InfoQ to keep ahead of the adoption curve. One of the main reasons senior software engineers, software architects, and team leads tell us they keep coming back to QCon and InfoQ is because they trust the information provided and selected by their peers. Join a global professional engineering community and adopt the right software innovations and practices.
Attending the live event
Will attendees get access to the presentation slides?
We are encouraging speakers to share their presentation slides to be able to make them available to InfoQ Live attendees. If the speaker agreed to share their slides, they will be made available in the schedule and on the presentation page within days.
How can I give feedback about the sessions I attend?
Please help us improve the conference for you, take a second and evaluate each session you attended when prompted to after each session. You have the choice of voting:
- Green (met or exceeded expectations)
- Yellow (lacked fundamental expectations)
- Red (failed to meet any of my expectations)
Please note that your votes should only be in reference to the presentation content.
You can also vote and edit your vote for each session directly on the schedule page.
How should I prepare before the event?
- Verify you can log into your InfoQ Live account to be able to access the event
- Download the latest version of Zoom
- Familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, harassment-free experience for everyone
Recommended for a better InfoQ Live experience:
- Read the presentation abstracts and build your Custom Schedule
- Think about the questions you’d like to ask the speakers and your peers
How can I get help during the event?
If you need any support during the event, email us at info [at] infoq.com (info[at]infoq[dot]com) and a staff member will be happy to help you.
What are the technical requirements to be able to participate?
- A laptop or personal computer
- A strong, reliable wifi connection
- Any required software downloaded ahead of the event (we’ll tell you 1 week prior to the event)