WHO WE ARE
C4 Media, Inc is a global publisher (InfoQ.com) and events company (InfoQ Live, QCon software development conferences). We strive to deliver services to our clients and partners using data protection and privacy by design practices. We promote responsible and purpose-driven data collection and use. We adhere and comply with the relevant data protection law globally. We provide a transparent and accountable data protection process in all that we do.
WHAT THIS NOTICE COVERS
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when InfoQ Live collects, uses and shares personal information. It explains how we use your personal data and your rights in relation to that data. This privacy notice covers our InfoQ Live sites and activities at our online events, operated by C4 Media, Inc.
INFORMATION INFOQ LIVE COLLECTS
Click here for more information.
InfoQ Live collects information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect from you directly;
- Information we collect about you when you call us, visit our sites, use services, or view our online advertisements;
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as social media, public and commercially-available sources;
- Information shared with us by our business partners;
- Information we collect from you at our events including chats and capturing your feedback on sessions attended.
All the information InfoQ Live collects about you may be combined to improve our communications with you and to develop world-class services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Click here for more information.
USES & INFORMATION SHARING OUR CHOICES
InfoQ Live uses the information we collect for InfoQ Live business purposes such as:
- To provide the services you request;
- To tell you about C4 Media content, services and events from InfoQ, InfoQ Live, and QCon software development conferences as well as those offered by our carefully selected business partners;
- To manage our sites, apps and services;
- We may share your personal information with sponsors where you have given consent;
- We will store and secure your data using AWS Cloud Servers, located in the US. AWS is committed to adhering to requirements under the GDPR and EU/ US Privacy Shield.
We may share your information:
- With our business clients for the provision of professional services such as data privacy consultancy, but only if the business client or we have obtained your consent;
- With our third-party service providers who perform InfoQ Live business operations on our behalf;
- As part of a sale of the InfoQ Live brand to another company;
- To protect and defend InfoQ Live (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions);
- When required by law and/or government authorities;
- You have the right not to provide personal information to InfoQ Live. This may mean InfoQ Live is not able to provide the services you requested, or tell you about other services offered by InfoQ Live.
We may share your talk voting data without any personally identifiable data with speakers to help them improve their presentations.
You can stop receiving promotional emails from InfoQ Live by following the instructions in those messages, or through this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by InfoQ Live, where consent was the basis of the processing
You have the right to have your personal data erased (right to be forgotten), InfoQ Live will make every reasonable effort to remove any reference to your personal data if they have shared it with any 3rd party during their usual business processes.
In some instances you have the right to have your personal data transferred to another company and InfoQ Live will make every reasonable effort to comply with your request.
You have the right to raise any concerns about the processing or use of your personal data by InfoQ Live to an appropriate data protection authority.
You have the right to review personal data InfoQ Live hold on you if this does not impact other individual’s rights and freedoms.
InfoQ Live is committed to working with clients and data protection authorities to resolve any privacy concern.
InfoQ Live complies with EU and global data protection laws.
You can contact InfoQ Live by writing to:
2275 Lake Shore Boulevard West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Or email us at privacy [at] c4media.com
THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice is reviewed by InfoQ Live on a regular basis and should be checked by individuals for the latest updates.
Last update: March 2021.